Mohd Faizul Sany, known by many as Faizul Sany was born in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on the 22th February 1985. The second in the family, he is the only child who has interest in music since in early childhood. He was so passionate in music and dreamt of becoming a professional guitarist when he was 14 and started to learn to play guitar by himself. Since then on, he realized that music was his ardor and started to develop his musical taste in many genre of music such as folk, soul and R&B. His first musical experience was when he was forced by his friend to perform in front of many students in school at the age of 16. That performance caught massive attention and soon people around him started to take notice of him.
He then pursued his study in Sports Science in UiTM. It was during these few years in the university that he was invited by many faculties to perform as a guitarist with his group of friends from the Music Department. These opportunities of performing has led to a stage where he decided to partake in an audition as a guitarist and a vocalist in a band competition known as HOT FM Twisties Bingit, a reality program organized by Media Prima in Kuala Lumpur. The band made it to final stage and won the 2nd Runner Up. This program has opened up his interest into song composition and he began composing a few songs.
His career began to skyrocket when he went for the Akademi Fantasia talent competition in 2013. He was chosen as the Top 12 finalists and took the opportunity to learn earnestly about music and performing arts from the teachers in the academy whom were also well-known artistes in Malaysia and Indonesia, such as Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza, Faizal Tahir and Melly Goeslow. His talent, passion and love for music were discovered by teachers in the academy and he became one of the teachers’ favorites. With his determination and diligence in academy, he managed to qualify himself to final round with another 5 finalists.
He won the 1st place in Akademi Fantasia 2013, receiving a recording deal and contract with ASTRO Talent Management. He was the only Sabahan whom succeeded to go for the final stage in 2013 and the 2nd Sabahan to win the Akademi Fantasia after Stacy in 2010.
Faizul Sany’s first album was released on the 25th September at Talent Lounge Damansara, Kuala Lumpur. The album which consists of 9 songs features the original song compositions by well known musicians and composers such as Faizal Tahir, Audi Mok, Amir Jahari and Omar K. He has also composed 2 songs in this album : Surat Untuk Sahabat and Lullaby.
- Won the 1st Place in Akademi Fantasia 2013
- Finalist for 21st Anugerah Industri Muzik (AIM) 2014 – “Best Male Vocal” for the song Perempuan.
- Finalist for Anugerah Planet Muzik (APM) 2014 – “Best New Artiste” Category.
- Top 5 Best Album in 2014 – HLive
- Finalist for Anugerah Planet Muzik (APM) 2014 – “Best Song (Malaysia)” Category
- Finalist for Anugerah MeleTOP ERA – “Best New MeleTOP Artiste” Category
- Won the 1st place in the Battle of the Band competition with the band “The Hybrid” (2013)
- 2nd Runner Up for HOT FM Twisties Bingit Band Competition (2008)
Upcoming Projects ;
- MERDEKA PROJECT 2015 in collaboration with Faizal Tahir, Faithful Music and Ministry of Communication & Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM)
- On-going promotion for the theme song “Kasi Gol”, a song specially composed for Sabah Rhino (Sabah Football Team) in collaboration with the Late Dato’ Hasbullah Awang, Jimmy Palikat, Kozae, & JD Popshuvit
- Album Showcase in Singapore
- Upcoming performances and song collaboration with the band, Hybrid in Sabah consisting of 6 members: Jun (Guitar), Donn (Keyboard I), Jerome (Keyboard II), Tim (Drums), Sky (Soprano Saxophone) & Salleh (Bassist). Hybrid has just released an album called “Satu” in April 2015 which also features Faizul Sany.
Listen to Faizul Sany’s self titled album on iTunes and Spotify.